With Scan app end-users can scan, upload to SharePoint and tag the result file/s in one-shot.
When browsing a library, the Scan menu is available in the “Files” ribbon:
For lists – in the “View Item” page:
When clicking the “Scan” ribbon button end-user will see the following dialog*:
End-user can choose between:
· Edit settings & Scan in this mode user will see the scan settings page and will be able to configure the scan settings before scan starts. Once scan is done, user will see the result image and will be able to edit it before it is uploaded to SharePoint.
· Scan using default settings in this mode user will not see the scan settings page, scan will use the default settings configured for the library/list. Once scan is done, user will see the result image and will be able to edit it before it is uploaded to SharePoint.
· Quick Scan In this mode user will not see scan settings page and not the result image/s. the entire scan and upload process will be done in “silent” mode, and the user will be redirected to the library view to see the new uploaded file/s.
* As described in the previous section, you can configure the Scan app not to show this dialog, instead set one of these scanning options as default behavior for the list/library or site.
When clicking the “Edit setting & Scan” option, end-user will see the following dialog, which allows him to configure the current scan settings:
When clicking the “SCAN” button, scan will start and then a preview of the scan result will appear:
This preview is presented using the “KWizCom Scan Client”. To save the created file/s in your SharePoint library/list item simply click the “Save” button
1. When clicking “Scan” for the first time, end-user will be prompted to install the “KWizCom Scan Client” executable on his desktop. This client utility is used to connect to local scanners, scan documents, OCR and additional image manipulation functions.
2. After allowing the installation of this utility, the user will be prompted to add a scan profile which defines which exact scanner should be used for the scan operation. More details are available in the next section.
Part of KWizCom Scan App is the Scan Client executable. This utility is installed on every end-user’s desktop when clicking the “Scan” ribbon button for the 1st time.
So how does it work?
When end-user clicks the “Scan” ribbon and then clicks “Scan & Preview” in the scan settings page, the scanner will start scanning your papers, and a file/s will be created locally on your desktop. You will then see the created file/s preview in the Scan Client window:
To save the created file/s in your SharePoint library/list item simply click the “Save” button
The Scan Client provides additional options you can select prior to saving the file/s to SharePoint:
Scan additional papers, the result files will be added to the current scan.
In case the created file is a PDF file, you can make it searchable by checking the “make PDF’s searchable” checkbox (checked by default). You can also add additional languages to be supported by the OCR engine.
Click to import additional images to the current scan.
This button is enabled when selecting one of the images from the current scan. Clicking it to perform basic image processing (crop, brightness, contrast).
Click to rotate the selected image.
Click to reorder the images in the current scan. You can also drag & drop images to change the order in the created file.
Delete selected image/s.
Deletes all images from the current scan.
Click to create/edit scan profile.
Change the Scan Client user-interface language